The South Carolina Golf Association is an association of
member clubs. Individual membership to the SCGA can be obtained only through
the participation of the handicap system at a SCGA member club.
The South Carolina Golf Association offers three types of club membership: Regular, Affiliate, and Associate.
Regular Club Membership: Available to clubs located at "green grass" operations, composed of at least 25 members that subscribe to the SCGA Handicap Service, the Handicap Program of the Carolinas.
Affiliate Club Membership: Available to clubs located at "non-green grass" operations, composed of at least 10 members that subscribe to the SCGA Handicap Service, the Handicap Program of the Carolinas. Affiliate clubs can be formed through other organizations such as businesses, fraternal groups, clubs, etc. Affiliate clubs can also be formed as new organizations, via solicitation of members through advertising, recruitment, etc.
Create Your Own Affiliate Club
An individual can start his / her own club with groups of friends, co-workers, family members, or even strangers; so long as the club provides regular opportunity for members to play with one another and offers at least one club-sponsored event for members to participate. It takes just 10 individual members to meet the USGA definition of a "golf club". Through our handicap software vendor, Golfnet, the SCGA can provide your club with a web based handicap and administration system to manage your club. To learn how to begin the process, contact James Park, SCGA Director of Member Services.
Associate Club Membership: Available to clubs located at "green grass" operations that do not operate as organized golf clubs and do not subscribe to any Handicap service.
Click here for a current list of all
SCGA Member Clubs
The SCGA offers many benefits to its members, at both the club and individual level.
- Golfnet Handicap & Tournament software computation service. Provides clubs with a USGA approved handicap vendor and enables clubs to administer tournaments of all formats under the guidelines of the USGA Handicap System
- Administration of the USGA's Course & Slope Rating program. Current and valid evaluations of course difficulty ensure that members' Handicap Indexes are accurate
- Course Measurement. Complete course, center line measurements available through laser technology. Accurate measurements are essential in administering accurate USGA Course and Slope Ratings
- The administration of the Rules of Golf and USGA Handicap System through competitions & seminars. Seminars available upon request.
- Club Insurance programs
- MySCGA on line registration and personal profile. Allows you to receive your handicap revision via email, along with news updates from the SCGA
- Eligibility to participate in our many championships and competitions (Major, One Day, and USGA Qualifiers)
- Free Subscription to the Palmetto Golfer, the official publication of the SCGA. Delivered directly to your home twice a year
- Hole-In-One Certification
The SCGA strives to grow the game of golf through our many programs and encourages you to become a member of the SCGA today. For more information on membership to the SCGA, please contact us at email@example.com or our offices at 803-732-9311